DIY HOMEMADE FACIAL MASK WITH ASHWAGANDHA AND TURMERIC FOR A QUICK FRESH FACE CLEANSE
The best and most refreshing face masks can be those you make in your own kitchen. If you are in the mood for some easy self-care, relaxing at home and recreating a spa-like experience, this is a good face mask to refresh you.
It just requires 3-4 ingredients. Ashwagandha, Turmeric, Honey, and Milk. You can use any kind of honey – manuka or raw honey works well too. If you are vegan, then you can leave out the honey entirely. If you have very oily skin, we recommend substituting the milk with water.
Ashwagandha is an effective adaptogen that can have a calming and detoxifying effect on your skin. Turmeric is a powerful spice to not only cook with but to use in natural beauty products. It is an anti-inflammatory and can help reduce redness, reduce the appearance of scars and even out skin tone. Honey is an anti-bacterial. It is also a carrier agent that delivers the nutritional benefits of the ingredients it is combined with deep into the tissues. Honey combined with the protein rich coconut milk is very hydrating for the skin.
If your skin is breaking out or sun burnt this mask can feel soothing and help you recover quickly, leaving your skin felling soft, glowing, and radiant.
Don’t be afraid to put Turmeric on your face – its bright yellow color will not stain your skin. Make sure to rinse off properly and remove any residue with a cotton ball after the mask dries in case you rub it off on clothing.
Let’s get our glow on at home!
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon honey
3 tablespoons milk of choice (any plant-based milk like coconut milk works)
- Add the Be Calm Organic Ashwagandha powder and Turmeric into a bowl.
- Add the coconut milk or water and mix well until smooth.
- Stir in the honey until you get a smooth paste.
- The consistency of the mixture should be thick so it will stick to your face easily. Add in more Be Calm Ashwagandha powder, if needed, to get to the right consistency.
- Apply the mixture on a clean freshly washed face with your hands or a brush.
- Leave the mask on your face for 15-20 minutes or until it has dried up.
- Wash your face well with water. Remove any residue with a cotton ball and pat dry with a clean face cloth.
- If you have any face mask mixture remaining, you can store it in the fridge in an airtight container for a few days and use it the next time.
- Moisturize after with your favorite moisturizer or with Vedic Tiger’s Saffron Serum for some added hydration and radiance.
You can apply this easy to make home face mask as many times a week you want for a quick fresh faced and radiant look.